Resources for Reporting Misconduct

Where to Report Misconduct

OGE's mission is one of prevention. The U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) does not handle complaints of misconduct, nor does OGE have investigative or prosecutorial authority. However, there are several agencies and entities across federal, state, and local governments that are responsible for investigating and prosecuting misconduct.

Below you will find links to agencies that handle complaints against specific categories of government employees.

I want to... Who should I contact?
Report Misconduct in the Executive Branch

Tin tặc nhật ký lừa đảoIn most cases, the Inspector General (IG) of the department or agency involved investigates alleged misconduct.

For a list of agency IGs, please visit the .

Department of Justice attorneys accused of engaging in misconduct in connection with their duties to investigate, litigate, or provide legal advice:

Assistant U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Attorneys accused of other offenses:

General Counsel’s Office
Executive Office for United States Attorneys
175 N. Street, N.E., Room 5.100
Washington, DC 20530

Federal prison wardens or other Bureau of Prisons employees:
Office of Internal Affairs
Bureau of Prisons
320 First Street, NW, Room 600
Washington, DC 20534

Report Misconduct in the Legislative Branch



Report Misconduct in the Judicial Branch

Complaints against U.S. District judges should be referred to the Clerk of the United States Court of Appeals in the Circuit in which that judge presides. For more information, contact the
(800) 85-HATCH
(800) 854-2824
1730 M Street, N.W., Suite 218
Washington, D.C, 20036-4505

Report as a Whistleblower

For information on how to report as a Whistleblower:

(800) 572-2249
(202) 254-3640
1730 M Street, N.W., Suite 218
Washington, D.C, 20036-4505

Report Misconduct in State or Local Governments

Many state and local governments have commissions or agencies that oversee the conduct of state or local employees. Many of these commissions will take and review complaints against state or local employees. The following organizations may provide contact information:

Tin tặc nhật ký lừa đảoComplaints against state judges should be made to a judicial conduct organization for the state in which the judge presides. For list of judicial conduct organizations by state, refer to .